Are you looking for a fun and engaging teaching position that truly has a positive impact on the children in our community? Are you looking to do meaningful work as part of a successful, mission-driven non-profit organization opportunity? Do you love teaching?! If the answer to each of those questions is “Yes”, then keep reading! Launch is looking for a number of teachers to support our all-day summer camps this year. Whether you’re just beginning your career working with children, or are an experienced teacher we have a position for you!
We’re looking for bright engaging individuals with a passion for education who are interested in teaching during our summer programs through August 27th. If you’re interested in continued employment, there may also be opportunities to stay onboard through the coming school year! Submit your application by applying at www.launchlearning.org/about/careers/, once we receive your application we will give you a call for a quick phone screen and to schedule your interview appointment.
What positions do you have available?
Our hours of operation this summer are between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday through Friday, all available shifts are within that timeframe. We’re currently looking for:
- School age Enrichment Teachers – full-time and part-time
- School age and preschool Substitute Teachers – on-call
- Preschool Lead Teachers (Seattle Preschool Program qualified) – full-time
- Preschool Assistant Teachers – full-time
Does this position include any benefits?
It does! All positions are eligible for paid time off (17 days per year), 401(k) participation (after 90 days), and a monthly ORCA card benefit of $50/month. Full-time positions are also eligible for group medical, dental and vision coverage on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.
What should I do if I’m interested?
You’ll need to apply online for the job, but you should also know a few things first:
- If you’re under the age of 18 – we appreciate your interest; however, we are unable to hire minors for these positions
- You’ll need to meet our education requirements. For school age teachers, a high school diploma or equivalent is required. For preschool lead teachers a Bachelor’s degree and transcript of your credits will be required
- We do seek at least two to three years of experience working with children in a learning environment; this includes summer camp roles, tutoring and other volunteer roles, childcare, etc.
- You’ll need to meet the Washington Department of Children, Youth & Families requirements to be on-site at our schools, which include completing a portable background check and proof of a negative TB test. If you haven’t taken a TB test in the past 12 months, don’t worry – we’ll cover that for you upon hire!
- You will need to provide proof of an MMR vaccination or immunity upon hire
- You will also need to have additional certifications, such as First Aid/CPR, BBP, HIV/AIDS and a current Food Worker Card. These can be completed during the onboarding process but will need to be finished before starting on site
What you should know about Launch?
Launch is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that “leads the charge to brilliant outcomes for the children of our community by ensuring equitable access to the highest quality learning and care”. Through our preschool, before & after school, and summer programs, we provide a safe and enriching environment that prepares children for success in school and life. Our programs serve a diverse group of over 1,300 children ages 3-12 and are located on-site in 9 Seattle public schools and 3 community centers. Drawing on more than 40 years of experience, we serve as a proven model of effective programming and a passionate advocate for children, families, and communities.
You should also know:
Launch has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Launch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact hr @ launchlearning.org or by phone at (206) 726-7972. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Launch is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit and an equal opportunity employer.